GRAPHIC DESIGN & COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT POSITION
Galleria Raffaella Cortese, one of Italy’s leading contemporary art galleries, is seeking a Graphic Design & Communications Assistant to begin immediately in a full-time capacity, on-site at the gallery in Milan.
Candidates should be highly motivated, extremely organized, eager to learn, and independent.
The Graphic Design & Communications Assistant will be responsible for the preparation of digital assets for the gallery’s communications channels, art fair applications, and online viewing rooms, playing a key role in the advancement of the gallery program.
• Designing exhibition dossiers, artist portfolios, and bespoke sales presentations • Assisting in the preparation of online viewing rooms on the gallery website, newsletters, and social media content, including animated graphics and videos
• Assist in the production of visuals for art fair applications and viewing rooms, including 3D renders of booths
• Preparing press releases, checklists, and invitations for gallery shows and events
• Organizing and maintaining image and video archives, including light retouching of artwork images and installation views as needed
• Assisting Artist Liaisons with website updates and other tasks as required
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Communication or related field
• High proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop essential
• Prior experience using Adobe Premiere Pro and AfterEffects strongly preferred
• Prior experience using Cinema 4D / Rhinoceros 3D / SketchUp preferred
• Proficiency in macOS and Microsoft Office suite required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Italian
• Exceptional organizational skills and high attention to detail
• Prior experience using FileMaker Pro or similar artwork and contact database systems preferred
• Prior experience using WordPress or other website CMS preferred
• Knowledge of contemporary art, galleries and institutions
The position is from Tuesday through Saturday, 10am–1pm and 2:30pm–7pm.
Please submit via email a cover letter and resume (in English or Italian) as a single PDF file with “Graphic Design & Communications Assistant” in the subject line.
Only apply for this position if you meet the qualifications; applications that do not meet the requirements will not be taken into consideration.